Work With Us
With Ministries equips churches to flourish as they embrace people with disabilities and their families. Our vision is for people with and without disability to grow deeper in their relationship with God and with each other in community. We long for churches to reflect the fullness of the body of Christ, not lacking anything. With Ministries provides resources that support faith formation and congregational inclusion with people with disability. We are well-positioned to catalyze churches toward including disability and creating belonging for every congregant.
This Ministry Coordinator will support the work of With Ministries and focus on ministry growth under the guidance of the Executive Director. This individual will be a team player, detail oriented, an implementer, and someone who communicates with a professional and inviting style. The Ministry Coordinator will have a passion for building inclusive congregations and equipping church leaders to create belonging for people of all abilities to worship in their local church. Additionally, this individual will oversee and coordinate the Worship As One project.
The Worship As One project is generously funded by Lilly Endowment Inc. and involves a unique collaboration with the Baylor Center for Developmental Disabilities. This initiative focuses on helping organizations develop new programs and resources that support congregations as they intentionally create spaces where children engage with worship and prayer practices.
Highlights of this project include:
- Developing a new and flexible framework for designing accessible, intergenerational worship that meaningfully engages children with disabilities and their families
- Partnering long-term with diverse churches and families to learn together about accessible worship and prayer practices that engage children with extensive support needs
- Developing practical guidance and a portfolio of compelling resources for churches and families that can inspire and guide them on this journey
- Examining the reciprocal impact of accessible worship and prayer practices on children with disabilities, their parents, and others within the local congregation
Qualified candidates will have:
- Prior experience in church/parachurch ministries and/or disability services/advocacy
- A strong and active Christian faith
- A clear commitment to leading work that embraces and promotes cultural, racial, ethnic and denominational diversity
- Experience working with or supporting people with disabilities
- The capacity to develop strong partnerships and relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strengths in the area of self-direction
- Exemplary time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Office 365 suite and Google Workspace
- Prior leadership experience (preferred)
- A Bachelor degree (preferred)
- Working closely with the Executive Director on organization projects
- Collaborating on the design of our ministry goals and activities
- Launching training, tools, research, and resources focused on the spiritual lives of the people with disabilities
- Maintaining, equipping, and encouraging current and future church partners
- Ensuring all projects are completed in timely and effective ways
- Leading trainings, project activities, and community initiatives
- Developing, refining, leading, and reporting on the Worship As One project
- Building and maintaining strong relationships and partnerships with churches and parachurch organizations
- Ensuring all of our work is accessible and engaging
- Carrying out administrative responsibilities for the benefit of the organization
- Assisting within other ministry areas, as needed
- Undertaking occasional travel for conferences, church visits, and ministry needs
This position is full time, salaried and based in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Salary is commensurate with industry standards and experience with a generous benefits package including medical insurance, 403B match, PTO, STO, and personal days.
Start date: January 2024
How To Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter, and names and contact information of three references to Rebecca Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only complete applications will be considered.
The initial review of applications will begin on November 28, 2023.